Visitor Radar is a feature of SpeedLight which allows monitoring the parcel/sim for new visitors, see new visitors and contact them promptly.
SpeedLight Visitor Radar resides at the Summary screen of the avatar:
Summary view with Visitor Radar (tablet/desktop view)
Radar scans the sim you're in every 5 seconds. It shows:
- residents (as color-coded dots),
- the distance between you and them,
- the time you have been seeing them around.
Radar works sim-wide, giving you an ability to monitor your parcel/sim from any distance (including skyboxes).
Recently teleported visitors appear at top of the list:
Residents close enough to you have a view direction arrow:
Resident with a visible view direction
Already contacted residents (see below) have "IM" and/or "chat" markers:
Already contacted resident (got an IM)
Already contacted resident who got an IM and a quick chat greet
Visitor Radar provides an ability to quickly contact any of the residents you see.
Click/tap resident directly on the map (the colored dot) or on the Resident List. The menu appears giving you options to interact:
- The “Resident Info” menu item gives you an access to the visitors 2nd life’s information.
- The “Quick IM” option allows you to send a quick IM. Either type your text or use message templates (Gold only feature):
- “Local Chat Greet” allows you to quickly greet the people in Local Chat, up to 20 meters around you.